*This post deals with bras and weight...
So Dad or any other male can stop reading here.*
Since the birth of the triplets, nothing seems to be the same size, I mean nothing. Pants, shirts, bras, undies, coats, My hair ties are even smaller (too bad that's the only thing that's smaller!)
The day after Thanksgiving I went to Victoria's Secret to buy some new bras. The soft spoken teeny tiny girl working came over to measure me. She asked if I would like to go into a room or stay in the lobby. I was with a few friends and I really have nothing to hide (nor can I hide'em) so I figured hey what the heck, measure me here. She came over with that horrible insulting tape measure. She measured me. The nice soft spoken girl said with the LOUDEST voice possible, "I'm sorry we don't see your size in the store" WHAT??? "What size am I. She told me, but I'm not telling you. It's not bad, just bigger than I ever thought. I had just bought bras there in the spring, and I wasn't that size then.
Last night I went to Macy's to buy bras. I was kinda excited to see they had a really good sale going! I'm looking for the size I think I have, and the size the lady from VS told me I had. She was right. So I'm now looking for buffalo bras, and guess what...their ugly! There was 1 cute one. The rest looked like huge flesh colored hub caps with straps. I did find a few that I guess I could live with for now.
After my experience last night, I went to the YMCA today. I have to admit it was kind of intimidating. There were people in their 70's running wild everywhere. I went found the biggest treadmill ever, and hopped on like an old pro. Considering I have never been on one before I did a quick glance around to see what everyone else was doing. Since everyone else wasn't wearing the safety strap, I sure wasn't going to.
I then noticed that a friends husband was 3 treadmills down running faster than Forrest Gump. Great. I had no clue what all the settings were so I pushed 1 and had at it. Well it as too slow, so I turned it up just a bit. A few mins into my speed walk I thought it seemed to be going faster. I thought it was just my imagination, I kept thinking to myself man I'm outta shape. The more I thought about it the faster it seemed to go.
Holy Hell it was going faster!
Now I'm in a full blown run, about to fall on my face and slam into the old lady behind on the stair stepper! I was frantically trying to run and read at the same time. Finally I put my hands on the side and do this kinda funky jump/move and get my feet to the sides, then find the button I was looking for, Then looked around to find Yes, everyone did see it happen. The old man balancing his walker on the sides, and walking on his treadmill gave a bit of a cocky laugh and a roll of the eyes. I was embarrassed, but I did continue and finish.
I was really happy that I actually went. Now hopefully that's the worst that will happen, and I can drop this weight, and buy smaller shirts, pants and bras!
Wish Me Luck!!!


4 comments:
I'm sorry, but I laughed when I read this. Geez @ Victoria Secrets! Can I have some of your boobs?! That the first place I lost my weight in, so now I have close to none! Its terrible, I think I need implants! Adam didn't even see you there, you should have just asked him, he would have helped you! Hopefully your next trip to the Y will go better!
I have the same problem at VS. They don't carry my size so for the longest time I was wearing what VS calls my "sister size" and when I would go to other stores I would buy the same size, until one day someone measured me at another store. They informed me that I was infact buying cups that were much smaller than they should be...bummer to find out that real size too! A nice chest is great, but there comes a point when they are just too big. LOL!
Anyways, I have found that Dillards has the best bras for us gals with large cup sizes. Of course they have nude and white, but they also have fun colors and patterns! It is for sure the best place I've found for large cupped bras! They only problem is finding a Dillards. I don't know if there are any near you, but I always go to the one in Belden Village.
I'm sorry too...but this had me laughing outloud also.
Laughing with you sista! Really! BTDT! The Y can be intimidating. Buying bras and underwear can be intimidating too while your body is settling in to its new normal. It will happen, I promise! I'm 4 years out and looking at old pics last night. WOW has my body changed a lot in 5 years (pg and after) So be easy on yourself. You did an amazing feat - popped out 3 kids at once!!! lol
Enjoy the Y - once you go more, it will get addicting! Ignore everyone, get an Ipod!
Hope to see you again soon!
Post a Comment